Friday, September 10, 2010

So, in closing.....

I set out posting this blog as a way to keep myself accountable to the goal of becoming a professional photographer. I had a lot of fun writing and showing where I was at with photography. Since the wedding season began for us, I have had hardly any time to post (maybe having a newborn and a construction job had a little to do with it as well).
I want to share one last post to thank the people who have watched my progress, and to show a little of my recent work.
Perhaps my most remarkable achievement this year was learning how Alicia works some of her magic. Her biggest concern with me shooting and editing under her name was that I might not be able to meet with her standard of work. I will never be able to match her artist's eye, but I am happy to report that I am beginning to understand what she is going for when it comes to composition, focus point, expression and post processing. We look at thousands of photos each week, some ours, the majority the work of others. And we realized that we like much the same kinds of work. Which is good news when you are trying for two photographers shooting under one brand.
I have also realized another very important truth: I only enjoy taking photos which have deep meaning to somebody. Life is too short for me to create and look at insignificant images much, so I will stick with what brings me satisfaction. There is a creative high I get from photographing people that is based in the ever present thought that I am helping them and theirs to remember in a soulful, artistic and emotional way, what the moment was like, who the person was and still is.
I have a long way to go now, but I no longer have any problem picturing myself as a professional photographer. And I look forward to being one for a long time.

All the best!
Jeremy



p.s.
Be watching Alicia's blog for the first senior shoot I have done in about fourteen years!


5 comments:

  1. Very Very Nice Jeremy! I would say your pro for sure! I can't wait to shoot with you on Saturday. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lindsey. I'm excited about Saturday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm moved. I love both your and Alicia's taste in what to take a picture of. I'm in my fifth week or so of photography class, and am beginning to learn how great you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Grace. I'm looking forward to seeing what your pictures look like this fall and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done. Most moment are hardly caught, very rarely with such honest eyes. I encourage you to break limitations and make new ones.

    ReplyDelete